I love making crafts that because they’re each something special that is all my own. With Halloween coming I’ve been getting extra creative and crafty!
Here is one simple craft that I did this month using materials that I already had stashed away. This idea came to me as of recent, but it was a super fun project that I think you will all enjoy…cat ears!
Here are the materials you will need:
• Colored foam
• Crazy Yarn
• Faux Fur
• Ribbon (Optional)
• Glue Gun
This project is easy and fun. You can make it for boys, girls or your sassy self! It’s super cute and here are the steps you need to take to make a pair of crafty kitty ears of your very own:
1. On the foam, draw out the shape of your cat ear and cut it out. Use this as a template to draw and cut out the second ear.
2. Using one of the foam pieces as a template draw the shape of your ears on the back of the faux fur twice and cut them out, making two furry ears.
3. Glue the foam to the side of the faux fur without fur.
4. Run a strip of glue at the bottom on the inside of the cat ears and pinch the base shut. Pinch the base tight until the glue is completely dried.
5. Take the headband and put a dab of glue at the edge and attach the edge of the yarn.
6. Twine the yarn tightly around the headband till it is covered and put a dab of glue at the other end to secure the yarn.
7. Lay your ears out one the headband where you want them, and put a strip of glue at the base of the ears attaching them to the headband.
8. (Optional) If you are making this for a girl you can attach a large bow at the center of the headband or a small bow in front of one or both of the ears.
9. Allow to dry and wear!
This is a fun and easy project that you can enjoy and wear this Halloween season! I know I had a blast making it!