With Halloween just around the corner a fun and budget-friendly project that you can do as a family is to make some rad masks that each individual can create and enjoy!
Here are some supplies you will need:
- Paper plates
- Colored Felt
- Elmer’s Glue
- Fabric Paints
Here are the basic steps to creating a mask with your kids:
1. Cut a paper plate in half.
2. Draw eye holes and a half circle for the nose along the straight edge in the center.
3. Cut out eye holes and nose area on the mask.
4. Lay paper plate on the color felt you desire and trace the shape of the paper plate on the felt.
5. Cut out the felt shape and glue it onto the paper plate.
6. Pierce holes on both sides of the mask to attach the ribbon to.
7. Attach ribbon to the sides of the mask.
8. Decorate your mask using fabric paints, feathers, glitter and sequins.
9. Allow masks to dry overnight and voila you have an amazing mask all your own!