A typical day in the life of a Jessi #31DayMarch

jessi on coffee

I know you’re just burning to know what a typical day in Jessi’s world looks like, right? Well, hold on to your britches because the secrets are about to be revealed.

5 AM My alarm, AKA “The Angrinator,” wakes me from what I can only hope was a dream about being stranded on a dessert island with Alexander Skarsgard and endless supplies of chocolate and coffee. I climb out of bed, which is now occupied by my two youngest boys who didn’t get the memo that co-sleeping was over and kicked their dad out during the night. Apparently  over time the munchkins got bigger but the bed didn’t.

I stumble down the stairs to find the Brockisaur sleeping on the couch. My attempts to wake him are met with unconvincing mumbles that he’s joined the land of the living.

5AM-7AM – I run around finishing up laundry, making fresh juice, plunking out a post or two, getting the boys’ clothes set out and hopefully eeking out half an hour of Zumba. The hubz joins me somewhere in there — totally unpredictable when though.

7AM – The Brocker gets ready for work and then helps me get the boys going. They’ve already drifted into the living room by now, but the suggestion of starting the day is still met with resistance. They get that from their father.

7:30-8:30 – B-Rock heads to work and I finish getting the stooges fed and out the door to the bus stop. Somewhere in this hour I manage to put on real clothes. Usually.

8:30-11:30 – I’m home alone. This is crunch time. I run around picking up the house, finishing dishes and then settle in to get some work done on Penelope, my trusty computer. Sometimes I get really crazy and tackle a project like cleaning a closet or plucking my chin hairs.

11:30 -12:30 – I get Devi off the preschool bus and we have lunch. He catches me up on all the rad haps in the 3-4 year old crowd and we laugh at how they act like children.

12:30 – 2:30 – Devi takes a nap and I continue working. Luckily, my job is mostly social media, so I spend the day playing. It’s a tough job, but somebody’s gotta do it.

2:30 – 3:45 – Dev and I chill after his nap. This free time can range from coloring to curling up with a good movie. We like to keep it loosey goosey because that’s how we roll.

3:45 – 5:45 – The bigs get home and we do homework. Then they chill while I pull together some eats for the Cooper clan. Often this consists of two meals because the hubz and I are vegetarians and the kiddos aren’t.

5:45 – Brockly gets home and we have dinner. From then on, chaos reigns. It’s a blur of books, TV, baths, wrestling, refereeing, laughter and whining. This continues until 8ish when we corral them into their bedrooms.

Around 8:45 – We USUALLY, have everyone asleep. Then Brock and I come downstairs and work or watch a flick.

By 11 – It’s past our bedtime and we crash.

That’s it, kids. That’s my life. Jealous?

jessi's signature rep

31 day challenge


If you enjoyed this post, make sure you subscribe to my RSS feed!


  1. Sounds very similar to mine except the set dinner time lol

Speak Your Mind


CommentLuv badge

Spam protection by WP Captcha-Free

%d bloggers like this: