I have a confession. My family has a fruit addiction. Like, seriously, we should buy stock in it.
So, when I was given the chance to review a one pound bag of Bella Viva Orchards Mixed Dried Fruit, I was on that business like my kids on…well…fruit.
When the fruit mix arrived it looked so good, I actually hid it so I could get some before my boys tore into it. Once the fruit was out of the bag, I realized that one pound is a lot of fruit, and my boys and I enjoyed the mix for several snacks as well as mixed into some trail mix and with oatmeal. Happily, it went a LONG way.
What’s in a 1lb bag of Bella Viva Mixed Dried Fruit?
What I Loved About Bella Viva’s Mixed Dried Fruit…
- The fruit slices and pieces are large, soft and true to the flavor of the fruit. With a lot of the dried fruit you find in stores, the pieces are small, hard and flavors are often compromised by “flavor enhancers” like sugar.
- The quality of the fruit wasn’t ruined after the bag was opened and closed with a twist tie several times. The last slice of apple had the same great taste and texture as the first.
- The textures were soft and chewy without being gummy or hard. I hate when I bite into a piece of dried fruit and, a minute later, I’m still chewing on it like a piece of beef jerky, or it’s so hard I’m scared it’s going to bust my pearlies right out of my mouth. Bella Viva Orchard’s fruit was perfect for my taste.
- The fruit flavors didn’t mingle. For example, while the prunes were appropriately moist, the apple slice beside it still tasted like apple.
- It was a satisfying snack. This is really important for me, because I’m trying to eat healthier snacks, especially at night when those naughty cravings kick in. Because the pieces are so generous, I had to take several bites rather than grabbing a handful and mindlessly stuffing them in my mouth…like I’d do with candy, chips or cookies. If you have a problem with night cravings like me, you totally know what I mean.
My boys and I really enjoyed this dried fruit mix. It was tasty, hearty and one pound really does last a long time. The only thing I’d like to point out to parents is that the prunes aren’t pitted, so you should be careful about that when giving them to your children.
About Bella Viva Orchards and their products…
Bella Viva Orchards, named after their daughters, Belle and Vivian, doesn’t just sell great dried fruit. Their online store also has loads of tasty treats like nuts, fresh fruit, berries, trail mix, chocolates and a variety of gift baskets. If you want to be updated about what’s happening and special offers from Bella Viva Orchards, follow them on Facebook.
The 1lb bag of Bella Viva Orchards’ Mixed Dried Fruit my family enjoyed retails on their site for $8.00. BUT, if you place an online order before July 20, 2012, you can score a 15% discount using this code at checkout: blogdiscount2x720
The rad folks at Bella Viva Orchards are generously offering Mama’s Got Flair readers a chance to win his or her own 1lb bag of Mixed Dried Fruit! This giveaway is open to US residents, 18 years and older. Enter for your chances to win on the Rafflecopter form below.
Disclosure: I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.