This one is for all you lovely ladies out there who did your homework from the finding your face shape post and found out you have a square face shape! We are here to give you the dos and don’ts for this magnificent face, so that you can be rocking a cool new do in no time!
Many celebrities such as Demi Moore, Holly Marie Combs, and Sandra Bullock have this amazing shape, and these mamas know their stuff!
There are so many wonderful hairstyles you can pull off with this face shape, and here’s how:
- Try to avoid longer hairstyles that are straight because this draws attention to your jawline. Instead, focus on short to medium cuts that have waves or roundness to them to soften your angular features.
- Adding height at the top of your head will help your face to appear longer, so go for height in the form of layers, and add a little extra by back combing your hair. Layers will also add volume to your hairdo, which is important if you have a square face shape, because layers around your face will soften your cheeks, nose and jawline.
- Avoid middle parts as they’ll do nothing for your square face shape. Instead, go for off center parts that are either straight, or diagonal.
- For this face type, you want to avoid blunt bangs because they’ll make your face appear angular and squarer. Go for side-swept fringe bangs to soften your facial features.
- If you have your heart set on longer hair, then it’s important to go for a style that has lots of layers and plenty of fringe or waves. Avoid bone-straight cuts which will draw attention to your jawline.
With all these dos and don’ts at your disposal, you’ll be rocking your new hairstyle in no time!
Enjoy your new looks ladies!